Tags Posts tagged with "problem"

problem

0 19
iphone

Reports from a few iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus buyers have suggested there could be an issue with the battery inside some of the devices swelling, causing the case of Apple’s new iPhone to split open and expose the smartphone’s internals.
Apple has now confirmed it is looking into it, although a spokeswoman declined to comment further when asked how many devices are affected.
From what we’ve heard the number of reports so far is very few.
Yesterday CNET rounded up the handful of reports that have emerged — saying there are at least six different reports in at least five countries of the iPhone 8 splitting along its seams.
Today Reuters also noted a report in Chinese state media of an iPhone buyer claiming a newly purchased iPhone 8 Plus arrived cracked open on October 5, though apparently without any signs of scorching or an explosion.
Apple rival Samsung had big problems with smartphone batteries in its Galaxy Note 7 smartphone. In that instance some Note 7 batteries caught fire, and the problem was extensive enough that it led Samsung to recall all Note 7 handsets — at great expense.
In the case of the iPhone 8 the issue appears to be limited to batteries bloating/swelling, rather than catching fire — at least as reported so far.
Although the phone only went on sale on September 22 so it’s still early days for the device.
Apple did not release figures for the first weekend sales of the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, as it has in the past with new iPhones, so it’s also not yet clear how many of these handsets are in the hands of buyers at this point.
Some analysts have suggested consumers may be holding off on upgrading their iPhone to buy the top-of-the-range iPhone X, which Apple also announced at the same time, but with a later release date.
Pre-sales for the iPhone X are due to begin on October 27, with the handset slated to ship on November 3.

source: techcrunch.com

Source:

Click here to see the original post from protothemanews.com » World

0 29
ba

British Airways passengers suffered a nightmare flight from London to Athens, which ended up taking 33 hours and four planes.
Passengers who were caught up in the ordeal which began on Tuesday last week.
The flight time from London to Athens is less than four hours, but this journey lasted eight times longer.
A faulty cockpit warning light caused the first flight, due to depart at 1.15pm, to be cancelled at Heathrow.
But that was just the first in a long line of problems for passengers.
The second plane couldn’t take off at its scheduled time of 5pm because cabin crew had exceeded their working hours.
Passenger Geoff Lye said the pilot told them it was “the most embarrassing PA announcement” he had made.
After an hour on the plane due to “security issues”, passengers were allowed to disembark.
BA gave them vouchers for a night’s stay in London, before the travellers returned the next day to board another plane.
Mr Lye told the Evening Standard: “We just took off and there was a bang and it was the engine next to me. There was this huge noise and a judder, and then there were about six more bangs. It was one bang after another.
“I’m an atheist but even I was praying. Our hearts were racing. Passengers behind me said they could see flames kicking out from the engine.”
The pilots shut down the right engine and turned back to Heathrow.
Later that night at 7.40pm on Wednesday, the fourth and final plane took off bound for its destination.
Passengers finally arrived in Athens early Thursday morning.
Mr Lye, a pensioner, said he had been loyally flying BA for nearly 40 years but will now avoid the airline.
He added: “There was no communication and it was unbelievable they could get so much wrong.”
BA confirmed there were four planes involved in the two-day ordeal.

source: express.co.uk

Source:

Click here to see the original post from protothemanews.com » World

0 50
tt

 

Most of Cyprus was on Monday marking 43 years since the second invasion of the island by Turkish Armed Forces.

The UN, with over 30 Resolutions of the Security Council have declared Turkey’s actions a military invasion and a violation of human rights, while most Turkish Cypriots and Turkey consider the intervention as a peace operation aimed at protecting the Turkish Cypriots.

In July 1974, Turkish forces invaded and captured 3% of the island before a ceasefire was declared. The Greek military junta collapsed and was replaced by a democratic government.

On August 14 1974, another Turkish invasion – this time in Famagusta, Karpasia and Morphou – resulted in the overall capture of approximately 40% of the island.

A United Nations Buffer Zone was then formed and is commonly referred to as the Green Line.

Efforts to reunite the island have intensified in the last 15 years with the island going close but failing to reach a settlement in 2004 – with the Annan Plan rejection by the Greek Cypriot community.

Earlier this summer, a conference in the Swiss resort of Crans-Montana failed to see Cyprus President Nicos Anastasiades reach an agreement with Turkish Foreign Minister Mesut Cavusoglu and Turkish Cypriot leader Mustafa Akinci.

Relations between the two sides have further deteriorated since the Crans-Montana while Turkey continues to threaten Cyprus over plans to begin drilling for gas within the island’s Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ).

Source

Source:

Click here to see the original post from protothemanews.com » World

0 95
cyp1

With the International peace talks on the Cypriot problem under way in Geneva, Switzerland, the participation of the Greek PM Alexis Tsipras still remains unclear. Currently the parties attending the meerting include the President of the Cypriot Republic, Nicos Anastasiades, the leader of the Turkish-Cypriot community, Mustafa Akinci and the UN’s special adviser on Cyprus, Espen Barth Eide. Following his meeting with the President of the Hellenic Republic, Prokopis Pavlopoulos, where he discussed the developments on the Cypriot issue, Mr. Tsipras stressed the final result of the talks depended on both sides involved. “We will exhaust every possibility, until the last minute, in order to reach a solution”, the Greek PM told reporters upon exiting the Presidential residence. He reiterated the expressed and long-standing position of Greece to support a just and sustainable solution to the problem within the framework of the UN resolutions and the reality of the Cypriot Republic’s capacity as a full member-state of the EU. “It is a capacity that strengthens Greece’s arguments that there can be no solution-plan that will offer the opportunity to third countries to have interventionary rights, occupation forces, and in any case a solution that can only be for the benefit of the Greek and Turkish Cypriots, which means a solution that is sustainable, functional and will alleviate any fears for the Cypriot people”, Tsipras stressed. On the prospect of the Greek PM taking part in the process in Geneva, the Cypriot government’s spokesperson, Nikos Christodoulides said he did not see it as plausible under the current conditions.

 

cyp2

cyp3

cyp4

Source:

Click here to see the original post from protothemanews.com » Politics

0 112
cy1

Despite high hopes that a deal could be achieved, negotiations between the legal government of Cyprus and the northern Turkish-Cypriot community at the Mont Pelerin resort in Switzerland ended without any progress, after the two sides failed to reach an agreement on the territorial aspect of the dispute. “Despite their best efforts, they have not been able to achieve the necessary further convergences on criteria for territorial adjustment that would have paved the way for the last phase of the talks. The two sides have decided to return to Cyprus and reflect on the way forward,” the United Nations said in a statement. The latest round of U.N.-brokered talks between Greek Cypriot leader Nicos Anastasiades and Turkish Cypriot leader Mustafa Akinci had been underway for two days. The Cypriot government’s spokesperson, Nikos Christodoulidis tweeted after the talks: “Unfortunately there was no deal on the territorial criteria…”. After the breakdown in talks, the Turkish-Cypriot side was quick to lay blame on the Greek-Cypriot side, claiming that President Nicos Anastasiades adopted a maximalist approach in the talks. Nikos Christodoulidis said it was not a good night for Cyprus, adding that it was not possible to reach a deal due to the stance of the Turkish-Cypriot side. The two negotiating teams will return to Cyprus and plan their next moves.

Source:

Click here to see the original post from protothemanews.com » World